Friday, October 20, 2017

Flinders Ranges Day 6...

Our for the count...


This part of the creek bed was dry...

Further over, it had quite a bit of water flowing through.  More than it did 3 years ago.


The other campers must have left their bush dunny behind when they packed up and left...


I did a bit of emu spotting.  There were 5-6 pecking around...


Pizza dough proving on a hot water bottle...


A dull sunset, but at least the rain has stopped...



Potato, garlic, rosemary, caramelised onion and parmesan pizza...

One with the lot!



Day 6 Friday 06/10/2017

We got up to a blustery cold day but fortunately the rain has stopped. Forecast was for 13C...after a pleasant 27C the day before.

Gus did a few things outside like fixing the awning poles that had come loose and we got warmer clothes to put on. We’d just started to get breakfast ready when ‘pop’, Gus’s back went on him. All he did was bend over to wash his hands at the sink. Lots of lower back pain, right across his back.  This is not good!

I knew it was serious because he took a Valium (at 9.25am) immediately, before I could even fix breakfast.  He carried them with him for such emergencies and he tends to spasm if he hurts his back.  This was a life saver, without them I think

We had something to eat and a cuppa then he started feeling drowsy. He sat for a while then decided to lie down. I rubbed his lower back with Deep Heat and he gingerly climbed into bed and snuggled down to sleep.

I'm wasn't sure what we werere going to do. There’s no way I can pack up the camper by myself, let alone hitch it up and tow it out of here.  I could drive Ruby into Parachilna for help if needed.

We wait..... He woke up at 12.15pm and he said his back wasn't too bad.  I gave him 2 x Nurofen then he went back to sleep for an hour.

About 1.15pm, Gus surfaced and was able to at least sit and said his back felt quite good.  It's obviously muscular and not a disc problem, thank goodness.   He cooked some snags on the Weber for lunch then had a nice warm bush shower.   The rain has stopped but it is really cold so we are holed up in the camper.  Thank G for my ugg boots!   I have magazines to read and play solitaire on my iPad.
In the early evening, we got the OzPig packed and stowed away in Ruby, one less job for the morning..   I’m glad to see Gus walking around!

I made pizza dough and left it rise on a hot water bottle and later we had two pizzas which Gus cooked in the Weber.

We hunkered down at about 10pm, hoping his back would be good enough to pack up camp in the morning.  Fingers crossed!

Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...